Thank you, thank you Rachael from Three Boys and a Mom for nominating me for The Liebster Award! I’m pumped! As a newbie blogger, every like, every comment, and this recognition means so much! So, thanks Rachael!
My understanding is that bloggers with followers under a certain threshold (somewhere between 200-2000) are nominated. It’s a fun way to share a bit about yourself and learn about other newer bloggers too. This is a cool and supportive venture; a way for the blogging community to show each other some love!
Here are the rules for receiving this award:
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves
- Answer the questions from the person who nominated you and create 11 new questions for those you nominate
- Nominate 5-11 of your favorite bloggers and link them in your post
- Go to their page and tell them
- Thank and link back to the person’s blog who nominated you
I happily accept the nomination and share some insider info on me and my blog, Giggle Giggle Toot Roar!
11 Facts About Me:
- I love to dance and have dreamt of being on Dancing with the Stars (if I was a star of course!)
- I have sort of a “yellow-thumb,” so I have to pick plants that are extremely hardy and kill-proof for my garden and landscape.
- I’d rather watch 5 episodes in a row of a favorite TV show than a movie.
- I eat pretty healthy, but if someone brings over donuts….be afraid, be very afraid…..they will disappear before your eyes!
- I’ve been to Europe 3 times (and loved it).
- My sister and I both have sets of twin boys, they are about a month apart (2 years old).
- I’m on day 17 of a 30 day ab challenge that is kicking my butt, but I’m lovin’ what the plank position is doing to my arms. 🙂
- I enjoy cooking and am trying to master the grill this summer.
- I have to turn the channel when those animal abuse commercials come on or I’d cry.
- I want to learn how to redo old furniture into shabby sheek awesomeness.
- I’ve been married for seven years. To make each other laugh, my hubby and I take turns hiding this little orange horse Gumby character (Pokey) from each other.
11 Questions From Rachael:
1.) Where would you live if you could live anywhere in the world, and why?
I’d live in one of the Italian hill towns on the water for the beauty, quiet, and peace.
2.) What do you consider to be your best quality?
I’m not afraid to build people up and remind them of their gifts and talents.
3.) What was your favorite toy as a child?
Daisy, my stuffed bunny. I didn’t find out there were multiple Daisies until I was married; my mom wrapped them all up and gave them to me as a gift. I just always thought Daisy was magically clean and perfect.
4.) If you won a million dollars, what would you do with it?
I’d pay off any debt for us and any family members, I’d save enough for kids college/weddings and our retirement, and I’d get rid of the rest real fast through donations. I’ve always wanted to start a foundation that helps less fortunate people learn and make actual changes in their lives.
5.) Who has influenced your life the most and in what way?
My parents and grandparents gave me a strong foundations of faith and morals.
6.) What is your favorite season and why?
Any season that is in the 70’s and sunny and rains just enough to keep the grass green.
7.) What inspired the beginning of your blogging journey?
I’ve always enjoyed writing and have dreamt of writing a book, but I think I’m better at writing “snippets” like a blog allows. Also, I’ve met so many women struggling through infertility issues and/or considering adoption and I feel I have a message to share there.
8.) What is your biggest fear?
Losing my husband too young.
9.) Name 5 things on your bucket list
Camping/Kayaking trip, A cruise over Christmas/New Years (out of country), Planning a “Phenomenal Women’s Conference” within our city/parish, Christmas caroling with my family, to continue to write/blog
10.) If you could hang out with any celebrity for the day, who would it be and why?
Gordon Ramsey. I don’t know what it is about this dude, but I love him! He could cook and teach me how to cook awesome food all day. I had a dream about him a week ago and had to tell my hubby, because I felt guilty. 😉
11.) What would you consider to be your dream job?
A job where I could truly make a difference.
Here are my nominations for the Liebster Award: Sorry if anyone has been double nominated or isn’t below the right threshold.
- Kate at Wild Tales of
- Shawn at Working Mom Inspiration
- Claire at Shifting My Perspective
- Breanna at The Fabulous Life of Motherhood
- Sue at Family Fitness & Food
- Raman at Developing the Whole Child
- Deborah at Prayerful Mom
- Maegan at The Bee Hive Buzz
- Kim at Thrifty Little Mom
- Valarie at Brother and Twins
- Judith at The Art of Nutrition
Questions for the Nominees:
- Why did you start your blog?
- How would you define a good leader?
- What’s your biggest pet-peeve?
- What’s your favorite meal?
- If you won a million dollars, what would you do with it?
- Describe yourself in one word.
- If I spent a day in your shoes, what would it be like?
- What’s the best thing that’s ever happened to you?
- What’s your biggest fear?
- If you could meet anyone from the past, who would it be and why?
- Favorite candy?
Please accept the nomination and continue to send forth the love! I’m inspired to be part of this awesome blogging community!